Thursday 3 September 2015

Putting It All Together- How to Match Wedding Jewelry with Your Dress

Putting It All Together- How to Match Wedding Jewelry with Your DressI’ve been a wedding planner for almost ten years now, and it has been a very exciting time. No two couples are the same, which means every wedding is a new experience. One situation that seems to happen on a regular basis, though, involves helping the bride make sure she looks her best on the big day. I’m surprised how often I have to have a conversation with women that could be called “How to match wedding jewelry with your dress.”
 
Most brides who need this class from me fall into one of two categories: they either think the only wedding jewelry they need is the engagement ring and wedding band, and the others believe that any jewelry they own will look just fine with their wedding dress. Luckily, I can correct both of them by pointing out they would not get dressed for a night on the town without paying close attention to their accessories.
 
For the first women, I ask them if the only jewelry they are ever going to wear will be their wedding jewelry, especially when they are going out and want to look their best. Naturally, they say no, of course not. Immediately, they recognize what I’m talking about. As for the other women, I usually don’t have to say anything. Instead, I find some scarf, purse or other accessory that doesn’t match what they’re wearing and tell them to look in the mirror. When they do, that’s when I tell them how the wrong jewelry will ruin their wedding dress.
 
I know there is a lot to think about before a wedding, but be sure to add how to match wedding jewelry with your dress to that list.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment